Crazy Canadian Christmas Ornaments


Okay, I've seen everything now! If you do a Google search for traditional Canadian Christmas ornaments, you'll see what I mean. I may be a proud Canuck, but I don't think that I want to put a tacky heart-shaped Canadian flag on my tree. It may be very patriotic, but it just doesn't seem Christmas-y to me. If anything, it comes closer to representing Valentine's Day (meets Canada Day :)).

The things that we're known for, and that are near and dear to us as a country are pretty well covered in this short list of crazy Canadian ornaments, most of which can be purchased through Amazon, if you've a mind to add them to your collection:

Mountie Christmas Ornament - designed by Hallmark in 1984 as a collectible.


 Canada Goose Clip-On Ornament - I couldn't figure out the clip-on part at first as my first thought went to a tie clip....I'm tired. After a second look, I decided that it must clip onto the tree branch. It's available at Tree Treasures if you like it.


Proud to be a Canuck Ornaments - These are for die-hards and perhaps not as crazy as the others. I'm sure there are probably a lot more available, especially in the sports area.
         


You might want to look for the gingerbread recipe for making your ornaments this year. It's in the October posts, and has a 5 star rating. You can make decorations that will be more Canadianna than purchased ones will ever be. It can be something special that you do for your loved ones. What a great way to start a beautiful Christmas tradition, especially for children.

Meantime....these crazy Canadian Christmas ornaments make great stocking stuffers or joke gifts.


Have Something to Share with Christmas Canada Readers?

Have an interesting Canadian Christmas story to share or an organization that could use a little exposure to help their cause at Christmas time? Maybe you'd like a shot at guest posting. Just send an email to iamannea@yahoo.ca to have your submission considered. All serious inquiries will receive a response.