Christmas Movies

Do you have any favourite Christmas movies? Maybe ones that you watch with your family every year, ones that have become a tradition?

We had those when my kids were young. Every Christmas Eve we would gather around the T.V. and watch A Christmas Story. I still love that movie to this day. Later, when my grandson came along, his mom (my daughter) wanted to continue the tradition with him. If I'm ever a great-grandmother, perhaps Ralphie and his family will still be entertaining ours.

Here's my preferred Christmas movie list. These are all appropriate for family viewing and below this post, you'll find some YouTube videos of each one:

A Christmas Story
Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (you're never too old to watch it, in my opinion)
A Christmas Carol (1951, B and W, starring Alastair Sim - my fav version)
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (hilarious!!! That squirrel and Eddy never get old)
It's A Wonderful Life

There are a bazillion other great Christmas movies, but these are my top favs. I'm sure you can pick them up most anywhere and I know that Amazon carries them.

Another movie that I like that has a Yuletide setting is Black Christmas. It was even made in Canada, filmed at the University of Toronto, back in the seventies, I think. I am not linking to this one as it is very definitely NOT for viewing by children. It's a horror movie that even scares me. Your little one would have nightmares for a month if they watched it.

Well, that's it for today. If these titles aren't already in your movie library, maybe they will become some of your family favourites for this time of year. There's a sampling below:

A Christmas Story - the original theatrical trailer

 


The 1951 Version of A Christmas Carol, starring Alastair Sim
*** This is the whole movie - enjoy! ***


National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Trailer

 

It's a Wonderful Life


Have Something to Share with Christmas Canada Readers?

Have an interesting Canadian Christmas story to share or an organization that could use a little exposure to help their cause at Christmas time? Maybe you'd like a shot at guest posting. Just send an email to iamannea@yahoo.ca to have your submission considered. All serious inquiries will receive a response.